Wednesday, February 2, 2011

How to respect menstruation periods. What is menstruation?

A woman's cycle tends to shorten and become regular with age. Most of the time, periods will be in the range of 21 to 35 days apart. Menstruation is a woman's monthly bleeding. When a woman menstruates, her body sheds the lining of the uterus (womb). Menstrual blood flows from the uterus through the small opening in the cervix and passes out of the body through the vagina. Most menstrual periods last from 3 to 5 days.
                        When periods come regularly, this is called the menstrual cycle. Having regular menstrual cycles is a sign that important parts of your body are working normally. The menstrual cycle provides important body chemicals, called hormones, to keep you healthy. It also prepares your body for pregnancy each month. A cycle is counted from the first day of 1 period to the first day of the next period. The average menstrual cycle is 28 days long. Cycles can range anywhere from 21 to 35 days in adults and from 21 to 45 days in young teens.
                         When I am having my periods, I don't go out. I always stay at home and clean myself well. I kept myself inactive during my menstruation days and I seldom relate my experiences to other people for fear that they might laugh. But nowadays, I find it light-hearted to talk about it especially about toilet cleaning. Most children talk badly when they see the sign of blood. To them, blood signifies death or an injury. So when my cute boy saw their Mom's excess blood unintentionally left behind due to a hurry or a haste, they screamed out loud. That seems to annoyed me but I told them the story about evolution and bought tapes for them to hear and watch on about the starting of puberty, for girls, because they have to learn and know something about them now that they are maturing into young boys.
                         They do know about it now and I kept myself busy cleaning toilets whenever I'm having my periods. I don't want to alarm an onlooker or a visitor or just maybe an intentional bribe on absolute cleanliness. Now that I have my own TWO hands back, my pair of hands did quite well in keeping the bathroom floor clean and moist and no sign of blood. I clean myself regularly and keep myself dry. This is more hygenic than getting all wet and moist. Good sleep comes well when a girl is dry. She will sleep well through the night. It's like changing diapers on a wet baby who can't sleep through the night. Females are like that too when they are ovulating.
                          I think that menopause is a long way still for me to come. For me, menstruating is like knowing God's promises of a rainbow. After a storm, out shines a radiant rainbow. At least my body parts are functioning well. That's a promise.
                        

No comments:

Post a Comment